flame tetra turning pale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pjk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just lost one falme tetra from a community of 9 plus 5 julii cories. I have a 30gal tank, one week old. It seems to be cycling: ammon. .25; nitrite=.25; nitrate=about 7 or 8. The problem is that several of the males are becoming very pale, losing their brigh red color, and one of the females is more pale than ever. The one that died had passed a rather elongated piece of white fecal matter which seemed to have, at one part, some clear bubbles (eggs?) in it. Today was quite lethargic and began sitting on the bottom refusing to eat or move. I euthaized him. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone may be able to give me.

You will have to do water changes frequently to keep the ammonia and nitrite down. Also, don't feed them too much as extra food and poop creates ammonia. The thing is that's too many fish to start with. :( I know you were most likely uninformed but if you can you should bring back some of them, for now at least.

at one part, some clear bubbles (eggs?)
I doubt it was eggs, as tetras are very hard, near impossible to breed in aquaria. I'm guessing it was just bubbles.

As for the cycleing, keep doing PWC and make sure u dont feed them alot :)

Back
Top Bottom