Flashing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luna09

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am just curious about flashing and what can cause it. Any and all information is more than welcome.

I have 3 tanks and in one of them (ten gallon containing 1 honey gourami, 2 black male guppies, 3 harlequin rasbora, 4 neon tetras, 4 unsexed guppy fry and one amano shrimp) I have noticed one of the male guppies flashing. He does it a few times a day. I just saw one of the fry do it as well but this is the first I've noticed. That was 1/2 an hour ago and the little thing hasn't done it since.

None of the other fish have flashed or tried itching. The neons are very new to the tank though, maybe 2 weeks. I have never had a disease outbreak but have seen ich before.

So, to stop rambling, I've looked up causes. All of which are scary and I would like to know what more experienced people would do in my situation.

Thanks in advance!!

Started about 3 days after adding new fish and has been going on for 5 or 6 days now. Its just affecting my rams and is the only symptom as far as i can tell.

tmdavies said:
Started about 3 days after adding new fish and has been going on for 5 or 6 days now. Its just affecting my rams and is the only symptom as far as i can tell.

How are your fish? Any changes??

My ram still does it every so often still dont know why lol he seems fine tho

Same here. I raised my temperature to 82F and they've been fine. No secondary symptoms and no flashing with anything else. Guess he's just itchy ;)

Back
Top Bottom