Frayed fins on discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krtyr26

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had this discus and several others for many months now. Out of the blue on had got frayed fins and looked all around pretty bad, water parameters are 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 5 ppm nitrate ph is a little high due to tap water ph being high, but that has always been the case. I took the discus out and put him in a 18 gallon tub with filter air stone and heater treatment I started today is salt and melafix. Do you think this is going the right direction? Do I still need to do water changes daily even if medication bottle says water change after seven days?IMG_1939.jpg

How is your discus?

Thank you for asking, the discus is still in the tub and I'm still doing water changes, he eats just fine however his fins have not gotten any worse, but not any better either. So I'm not sure how much longer he needs to stay seperate? Maybe it could have been other discus picking on him even though he is the second one I ever added to the tank??? I'm so unsure about it

Back
Top Bottom