Fresh water puffer has cracked color on his back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lpfroeb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got my Orange sale back puffer about a week ago. Recently I have found out that his color has cracked on his back, the crack is white when his back should be green with and orange saddle. My ph is 7.6 my ammonia is zero, my nitrite and nitrate is zero and my water temperature is 75º. In my tank I have two arcane cichlids and a blue yabby. I don't know what is going on because this is the first time I have had this type of freshwater puffer in over ten year.

-Luke

What kind of puffer is it?? I've never heard of an orange sale black puffer. There are actually very few true freshwater puffers that are commonly found, most common is the pea puffer.
Most of the time people who think they have freshwater puffers have actually been sold either a green spot puffer or a leopard puffer, both are actually brackish water fish and are not suited for community aquariums because of their need for salt, and tendency to use those sharp teeth to take bites out of their tankmates.

Back
Top Bottom