Fry dieing rapidly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helyanwe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I posted awhile ago about some fry of mine that were dieing off, it seemed to be isolated at the time to a certain color of the batch. I couldnt find anything wrong with them, I treated them with a few things, but to no avail.

I then figured it was something wrong with the tank itself, maybe something had gotten into it. I moved them into a tank with some other fry I had, which I now realize was a huge mistake. The fish that were having the problem all died off, and now whatever it is, is killing the fry from the other batches. I have tried anti fungals, I have tried aquarium salt, I have tried soaking their food in Epsom salt, I heard this will cleanse them internally. I do water changes daily and the water parameters are good.

I cant find anything visibly wrong with them, then just die. They are fine, and eatting and swimming.. then you will suddenly see a couple who out of nowhere start sitting on the bottom of the tank.. and at that point, they are headed for death. Within a couple hours they start falling over, flipping around.. and then dieing.

I mean its obviously something that spreading, but I have no idea what it is nor what to do. Has anyone ever seen something like this? At this point im going to lose 3 batchs of fry cause of my mistake putting them together, Im really hopeing to save some of them due to one of the batchs mother has passed.

Back
Top Bottom