Fungal infection.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tjt34

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sadly my Betta died today and from reading around I'm pretty sure fungal infection is the cause.

I want to know how to make sure my tank is clear of this / how long to wait to put a new fish in as I don't want it to happen again.

Sadly my Betta died today and from reading around I'm pretty sure fungal infection is the cause.

I want to know how to make sure my tank is clear of this / how long to wait to put a new fish in as I don't want it to happen again.

Since you are fishless, you could take everything out of the tank and wash the tank itself with a mild bleach solution. Once it's clean, rise... then rinse again, and again... and some more and... you get the idea. After it's dry, you could even let it sit out in the sun for a bit.

Depending on your desire / budget, you can also wash the decorations the same way... or, were it me, I'd get new decorations (I love new decorations anyway!).

Good luck, and sorry about your betta.

One more thing I forgot to mention. I would NOT use a bleach solution on any part of the filter. The chlorine/chloramine in tap water should go a long way toward killing any remaining bugs.

Back
Top Bottom