Fungal infection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rakizta

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just found my Scarlett Badis like this. He usually stays at the bottom under the plants so I found it odd to find him floating sometimes vertically and not moving. As I look closer I see a white feathery like patch on his body which I think is a fungal infection. This is the first time I encounter this. How do you treat it? Do I have to isolate him? Thanks

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413091804269.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413091804269.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 88
I would go to the pet store explain it to them and either get prima fix or melafix I had something similar and prima fix worked on mine

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As well a 50% water change. Hope he makes on through the night.

Thanks bitner... ill buy one right away by the time the store opens . Do i just mix it directly on d same aquarium or do i have to put d fish on a diffrent aquarium and mix the med?

What i meant was do i hav to isolate him from d other fish wyl doin d treatmnt?

Be sure to keep up with water changes. IME, it shows up when I get behind on PWCs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No there should be no need to isolate him check with the fish store just to make sure but I had a blackmoor in a red cap oranda the black moor was sick and they stayed in the same tank because they're both living in the same water at that point so treating him in separate tank would really do nothing cuz that previous water already had the infection

Hey how is your fish making out

Ey sorry for d late reply bitner. He didn't make it even i used primafix so probBly i was a little too late. But at least I know now what to do just in case it ever happens again. Thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom