Fungal Infection, Help! Plz!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kalene

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon tank. I have a fungal infection in the aquarium. All Moly fry have died, the mother is very distressed and my 3 tetra have now caught the sickness. Last night I bought API Pimafix and API Stress Coat+ for the Aloe Vera that is in Stress coat+ bottle. I am extremely concerned about the fish and I worry so much about them. I dosed it yesterday with Pimafix & Stress coat+ and also this morning...
Is the Pimafix and Stress Coat+ enough from them? And also the Pimafix said to dose 5ml for 7 days and then do a 25% WC, do I still do my regular WC's for ammonia if necessary or would doing a WC before the 7 days mess up the treatment cycle? Any help will be extremely appreciated.

First thing, Mollies get too big for a 10g. They need bare minimum a 20g imo.

Second thing, WC vary per medication. If you are getting high ammonia readings either the tank isn't cycled or the Molly is just producing that much waste.

What fish were in the tank and what is left?

Did you cycle the tank?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I have only ONE Molly, she's being moved into a 29 Gallon once that is cycled.

Not getting high ammonia readings, I tested and it was 0.25ppm.

There WAS 5 Molly fry, 3 Penguin Tetra and One Molly. There IS 3 Penguin Tetra and One Molly.

And the tank WAS cycled but I messed it up and I'm in the middle of a "mini cycle" right now.

I'm not an expert on medication but I will tell you that is too much of a bioload for a 10g. House them all in the 29g when you have solved the disease problem.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Why do you say there is a fungal infection? what are you seeing?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh. Sorry i for got about the pics. Give me a sec.

Back
Top Bottom