... fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelsnels92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
35822-albums1789-picture12411.jpg

Okay, so here is my beautiful betta that I imported from Thailand. He is a tri-colored HM plakat, and I absolutely love him to death. He is my little puppy! Anyways... Back to the topic at hand. He has had this white looking spot thingy on the top of his head since I got him. At first I thought it was just a torn scale or something (the mailman was extremely rough with him, unfortunately) but... now I'm getting worried that he is actually sick. My water parameters were okay for awhile, but I just checked them today and the ammonia was at around 0.25 while everything else was okay. I am doing a PWC right after I post this, so that should amend that little issue. But anyways, I was wondering if anyone could help me identify what it is? I believe it is a type of fungus of some sort. It kinda reminds me of a tumor. @_@ I'll try to get a better picture of it as well. (It is the whitish-looking "scale" just behind his darker face mask on the top.)

EDIT: OH, and just so you know his fins have grown back already. He got out of his floating housing unit (don't ask me how!) and had a little run-in with a school of some Serpae tetras. He is in his own abode now, so no worries about further fin nipping!​

Oh, and I almost forgot! He is extremely active, eats well, and flares up at me every time I put my face close to the tank, so he doesn't seem to be all that affected by it...​

I also purchased BettaFix to try and rule out anything bacterial.. I'm going to start the medication today.

Back
Top Bottom