Fungus.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sabrinarichard

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had ich, now two of my fish have fungus. The thing is one was in my hospital tank and one was in my main tank (I took the fish affected by the ich and put them in my hospital tank, guess I forgot one, but I treated both tanks by prevention) are the fish infected, or my water decoration etc ? Do I absolutely have to treat both tanks or can I just put the two affected fish in the hospital tank and treat that one ? (They are presently in a filtered bucket with an air bubble, and it's very light fungus, I'm actually just sure one has it)
Thanks!

I had ich, now two of my fish have fungus. The thing is one was in my hospital tank and one was in my main tank (I took the fish affected by the ich and put them in my hospital tank, guess I forgot one, but I treated both tanks by prevention) are the fish infected, or my water decoration etc ? Do I absolutely have to treat both tanks or can I just put the two affected fish in the hospital tank and treat that one ? (They are presently in a filtered bucket with an air bubble, and it's very light fungus, I'm actually just sure one has it)
Thanks!

You only need to treat the fishies. This is likely a secondary infection that took advantage of the stress the ich put your fishies under. The fungus is naturally in your tank, but was unable to infect the fishies when their immune system was strong; however, the stress of the ich allowed the fungus to grow.

If it were me, I would treat both in a small hospital tank so I could use less medication and spend less money.

Back
Top Bottom