Fungus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsed9132

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My fish been having something like fungus. The liquid medicine to help the fish to get better. He hasn't gotten better. It been a month and kept on worsen. We got the another medicine and its a little stronger than the other one. We have been putting him with the other tropical fish tank 36g and we had him for a long time.

Will anybody help me save the fish View attachment 298929View attachment 298930View attachment 298931[/QUOTE]

36 gallon tank-- what is your filtration?

What kind of fish? I can't tell from the picture. What are the symptoms?

What are your water parameters? Is that green tank in the picture the one you're asking about? What do you feed and how often? How often do you do water changes?

Sorry I was using my iPad for pic and everything. He actually came out of a 36g tank with filtration and heater but right now he in a 10g nursery tank. He is a long fin black skirt tetra. The symptoms are his fins are in pieces. And when we turn on the light on the fish tank he swims weird so we kept the light off until he gets better. We thought it was fungus. We did not check the water parameters. Sorry no, blue light I trying to get a Better view. I don't keep the same food for the tropical fish I just get what they have at the pet store they eats it up. We feed them twice a daily. Well for water change we have 6 fish tanks and we don't get to all of them

So the 10 gallon nursery tank does not have a heater or filtration? I don't have a light on my quarantine, either.

What's the current food and how long have you been feeding that?

Go ahead and check the water parameters. We can't help much without knowing ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels. Having pH and hardness would be helpful, too.

The fungus may have progressed to a bacterial ​infection. Consider tetracycline or erythromycin.

One of the best treatments for any ailment is clean water. Especially if this tank doesn't have filtration, you need to be doing water changes at least every other day.

Sorry I did not specified that he dose have a heater and filtration we keep them on all tanks. And I probably did not put this, he will not eat and it the same food that we been giving him when we got him

Back
Top Bottom