Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-31-2017, 08:05 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebjornsgard View Post
My heater doesn't have a dial on it. It's one of those pre-set heaters, set to 78 +/-2 degrees. I will take your advice with the light though, and keep it off.
That's why I recommended rid ich plus because you don't have to increase the heat with that med, do not add salt if you have plants, salt does not kill ich it promotes slime coat, heat doesn't kill ich it speeds up the life cycle of the parasites, if the ich isn't gone by the end of your current treatment honestly put activated carbon in run for 24 hours remove carbon and do rid ich plus abs the ich + any secondary infection will be gone in 3-6 days but you will continue the treatment for 3-5 days after the last spot is gone , it's the best med out there for ich in my opinion and many others, it has malachite Green and formalin.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:07 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Fungus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potluck View Post
That's why I recommended rid ich plus because you don't have to increase the heat with that med, do not add salt if you have plants, salt does not kill ich it promotes slime coat, heat doesn't kill ich it speeds up the life cycle of the parasites, if the ich isn't gone by the end of your current treatment honestly put activated carbon in run for 24 hours remove carbon and do rid ich plus abs the ich + any secondary infection will be gone in 3-6 days but you will continue the treatment for 3-5 days after the last spot is gone , it's the best med out there for ich in my opinion and many others, it has malachite Green and formalin.

That's really good to know. I will see if my local pet store has it. Also, I have only fake plants, so the salt wouldn't be an issue in that regard.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:01 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
That's really good to know. I will see if my local pet store has it. Also, I have only fake plants, so the salt wouldn't be an issue in that regard.
The rid ich plus is great the only downfall is it can't be used with scaless fish, and could possibly dye the silicone in the tank, but I would rather have dyed silicone than dead fish as ich does kill.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potluck View Post
The rid ich plus is great the only downfall is it can't be used with scaless fish, and could possibly dye the silicone in the tank, but I would rather have dyed silicone than dead fish as ich does kill.

Okay, new question. I have two corydoras. They are scaleless. They would probably be affected by the rid ich? Also, would say be bad for them? I want to make sure before I get anything that might harm them.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:16 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Okay, new question. I have two corydoras. They are scaleless. They would probably be affected by the rid ich? Also, would say be bad for them? I want to make sure before I get anything that might harm them.
You can't use rid ich with the cories, have to find a scaless fish safe med
Old 01-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim (maracyn plus) along with "quick cure" (malachite green) would definitely help your fish.

Tags
fungus

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com