Fungus eliminator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would not do another parasite treatment now but instead start working on his wound. I would start Pimafix and Melafix along with an antibiotic but I don't know what one, some are gram negative and some positive.
Maybe start another thread asking what antibiotic to use.
I have used Maracyn 2 with good results but that was for a different type of infection.

OK....I'll do a water change tonight. Should I mix the 2 together. It says you can. He's still not eating. I tried to find that garlic stuff but nobody has it. Thanks again!

You can use both at the same time.
Any garlic will do. You can get garlic oil at the grocery store.
That said he is not eating because he is sick. I am not real sure garlic will help any.

I just thought maybe he might get better faster if he was getting some food to keep him going. Do pet stores sell antibiotics at petsmart type of places? I'm going to start a new thread about which antibiotic in a minute.

I found this at one website:
"additional antibiotics such as Maracyn, Kanacyn, or Furan may be needed"
I also saw the Kanacyn or Furan recommended at another site.
Hope it helps.

Well, poor Bert died over night. I feel horrible. I don't know if I'm cut out for this fish keeping stuff. I can't stand to watch something suffer and I can't bring myself to euthanize them when I can tell they're struggling. Anyway, thanks for trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom