Fungus infected Betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrightyDog

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have this male betta fish which has been in his current position for around five months. Just recently I have been noticing him being lethargic among other things and his tail rot a little bit. That was roughly around a month ago now the problem seems to have gotten worse because on the bottom of his fins there is a white ball which looks like a fungus infection according to the Internet. he is in a 5 gallon filter tank, but the filter is a little bit strong flow. Anyways, am I right? is this fungus? if so which brand should I use to treat him. Thanks for all the replies

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1411534870999.jpg
    1411534870999.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 1411534880813.jpg
    1411534880813.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 1411534901314.jpg
    1411534901314.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 66
Can you put a small mirror by the tank and get him to flare? If he sees his reflection his fins will flare out and we'll be able to see better.

I see a white spot on his body, but I don't see a white ball on the ends of his fins.

I used this article when I bought my betta with fin rot.
http://bettasplendid.weebly.com/fin-rot-101.html

That was June and my bettas fins still haven't completely regrown. So, healing is a long process.

I treated with Betta Revive 1st for prescribe time ( I think 7 days), then I did the salt at 1 tsp/gallon, last I did 2 full courses of Furan 2. One packet treats 10 gallon, so you'll only have to divide the powder in half.

(Friend of Bill W., One day at a time)

Back
Top Bottom