fungus meds safe for pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matt57

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've got a 10 gallon tank that used to have several fish, though sadly I have only 2 left after the others died of ich. The 2 I have now are a swordtail and an albino bristlenose pleco. The pleco is fine and never caught the ich, but the swordtail has caught a fungal infection on one of its tails after getting better from ich. When treating the ich I had Ich Guard II from Jungle to be safe for the pleco. I have Fungus Guard that says not to use on weak, sensitive, or scaleless fish and to use Fungus Eliminator for tanks with them, but the pet store doesn't have that or anything else that says it's ok for scaleless fish. Is the Fungus Guard unsafe for my pleco? Should I use at half-dose? Are plecos even scaleless? the fungus on the swordtail appeared yesterday but has grown a bit since then, though otherwise he seems fine.
I've been doing at least a 25% water change and vacuuming the gravel every day for the past 10 days, the pH is 7, and the temperature is 74. The carbon is out of my filter. I'm sorry I don't have an ammonia or nitrate test kit so I don't know those numbers but I'm guessing they're fine since I've been changing out so much water.
Any advice is very much appreciated, I want to save these last two fish!
Thanks very much

Matt

ok here's a couple of pictures
thanks

Attachments

• swordtail1.jpg
    swordtail1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 102
  • swordtail2.jpg
    swordtail2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 101
Back