fungus on fish??? anybody know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swill

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a freshwater tank that is new. 50 gallons with pink kissing fish, tiger barbs and like fish. I noticed today that a couple of them have bubble like symptoms growing on their bodies all over. Some look like there is a type of clear algae on their body. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I put stress coat in along with having a good ph level? Please inform me!!

sick fish

Could be ick although it does sound more like a fungal infection of some sort. I'd isolate the sick ones if possible. Pics would help if you can get some. How new is the tank? What kind of filtration? Have you checked ammonia/nitrite levels? This can stress fish and leave them open for disease. Really need some more info. If it's ick, I would treat them with a malachite green based compound such as Rid Ick. If it's fungal, I'd try some methylene blue first. If you have any scaleless fish in there or any tetras, read the directions on the treatment very carefully as some of these fish have a low tolerance to these meds. More info would help though.
Logan J

Back
Top Bottom