Gash on Cobalts head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
One of my juvi Cobalts has a big gash on his head. He's missing a nice size chunk of meat and "skin". It's a clean slice so I'm assuming that he was chased into a rock corner and sliced it off. I am going to pull him from the tank today and put him in a QT. What should I use to treat? I was unsure of treatment so I sent my husband to the lfs for Melafix and Pimafix.

He's doing ok. Pretty shy. I haven't had a chance to check on him today but I will before I leave. I'm really hoping he makes it. Thanks. :)

So sorry I missed this post before FF! Did you end up using the mela/pimafix? Glad to hear he is doing ok.

He's still in the main tank. I'm trying not to treat if I don't have to. The gash is healing over. He's still very shy and hides in the rocks all the time, but at least it's healing. I haven't ever had to deal with a fish that had an injury like this and it scared me. But so far so good. Thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom