GBR sick and gone....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thomasina

Aquarium Advice Freak
Had a BGR and three days ago. He stopped eating, and I noticed his forehead was getting larger, and there were a few white spots on his face only. He would come up to his flex worms, but not eat.

I have heard that they have a disease only known to them. I would like to get another, but how do I make sure it isn't still in the tank, and what is it called? Thank you!

Sounds likes Hexamita spp. and/or Sprionucleus vortens and is treated with metronidazole and Praziquental or if the fish is still eating soaking their food in a 3% Epsom salt/distilled water solution.

How is everything else goingsince the water contamination issues?

Hey Hukit! Thanks for the response. I can't tell which it was, but it sure took him out fast. Will continue reading cuz want a few more!! Water contamination - we figured out that the small tank 10g, when we did a water change we went right from the faucet. We are way out in the country. When we turn on the cold, it sometimes it hick ups and we don't get a steady stream, in fact none for a a bit 10 to 30 seconds, and it gets really hot. It must have gone out when filling the tank and the water got to hot. Use a python and couldn't be at both ends at once. The other tank, it was me. Whenever I put my hands in the tank, I wash with soap and water, and use a disinfectant cream. I have an auto-immune disease. Must have put my hand into the tank again too soon. I have learned my lesson! Thanks for asking. I am not on much right now - broke three ribs and really did a job on the shoulder! If it can happen, it happens to me!! lol I do love life though!!! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom