German Blue Ram open mouth sore.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Technomancy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am running a 20 gallon tank with 7 celestial pearl danio, 2 flying fox, one spoted himilayan loach, and on male german blue ram. In the past week, my German Blue Ram developed an open sore on his lower jaw. I tried treating it with an anti-parasitic medicine, as he was scratching before he got the sore, and melafix to try and stop any sort of bacterial infections. The sore, however, has gotten worse. His left cheek and lower left gill area are now swollen, making his profile look bloated in the mouth area. It has darkened considerably, and the sore seems to have grown slightly. Is there anything I can do additionally? Also, he has just developed a slight Ich infection today, which I will treat. My water perameters are very good, pH at 6.8, ammonia and nitrites at 0, nitrates at around .5.

Attachments

• 20140423_123744.jpg
    20140423_123744.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 152
Well, there didn't seem to be any sign of ich on or around the gills. His tail fin had 2 spots of ich, and that went away after 1 day. Unfortunately, Blue was found deceased this morning. He was a fighter, and survived through some of my tanks worst, but I guess a progressively worsening flesh wound was just too much for him.

Sad news, sorry for your loss. :(

Perhaps a bacterial infection that the melafix couldn't handle? Would that make sense at all?

Back
Top Bottom