Getting Frustrated...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KonvictKeeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I purchased a male JD last fri. Tanks been up since Oct 9th. Fully cycled. Here's my problem. He will NOT eat for me. Here's everything I've tried.

Cichlid Gold
NLS Thera A Med Fish
Cichlid Bio-Gold
Blood worms
Brine shrimp
Earthworms
Guppies
Krill

I drop the pellets/etc. in, then leave the room. Hours later, they're still there.

Here's my params:
Ammo: 0
Trite: 0
Trate: 10
Ph: 7.2

What do you guys think I should do??? Just wait? Try something else?

Hm, can you go to the store where you got him and ask what they fed him and then try feeding the same thing and see if that helps? Another concern is internal parasites but I'd try feeding him what they did at the store first and see if that helps. Is there anything in the tank that could be bullying him and making him scared enough to not try eating? Is he active?

I'm no expert on jd's but my cichlids can be picky when disturbed. When I upgraded them into my 55g they didn't eat for almost a week but once they settled in they ate like pigs. I've heard this is quite common in south American cichlids.

There's nothing else in the tank. Just him. And the Hikari Gold is what they fed him there :)
I REALLY hope he doesn't have internal parasites... Should I treat for them? I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any because I made them feed him for me before purchasing.

I'm guessing it's just being stubborn getting used to its new home. Give it a few more days and don't give up. I wouldn't treat for anything including parasites until you know that's what the issue is.

Back
Top Bottom