Ghost shrimp not moving good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keegster803

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, I have had this shrimp for a couple of months, and this past week, he has been laying on his side and not moving much. He can barely move his legs, but he can't stand up and walk. The only way he moves is by using the weird fin things on his tail. He normally stays around the same spot. Can anyone help me out?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Parameters are ammonia-0 Nitrates-0 Nitrites-0. I have been doing a couple of 50% water changes in the tank a week ago as I had just got back from vacation.

I had mine for like a month and then it started doing that a few days ago where it would act like its legs don't function right. It ended up passing away yesterday, and i researched possible reasons why it could've died and it said that they don't live very long anyways, generally for a month or two, because of how horribly they are taken care of during shipping.
I hope this doesn't happen to yours! Maybe it's molting? Sorry I'm not much of a help, just wanted to give my two cents!

•22 gal zebra danio, 75 gal red ear slider•

I had mine for like a month and then it started doing that a few days ago where it would act like its legs don't function right. It ended up passing away yesterday, and i researched possible reasons why it could've died and it said that they don't live very long anyways, generally for a month or two, because of how horribly they are taken care of during shipping.
I hope this doesn't happen to yours! Maybe it's molting? Sorry I'm not much of a help, just wanted to give my two cents!

I originally thought it was a molting problem, but it just molted a week ago. So that's not the problem, but thanks for the reply

I'm sorry, I hope you find out what it is!

Back
Top Bottom