Glofish died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you want to, for the most part, accurately see what your water is doing then test it everyday. Eventually, if you aren't doing water changes you will get an ammonia reading on an uncycled tank. Fish waste and uneaten fish food will begin to cause ammonia. This is when the water changes come into play and not allowing the ammonia to get above .50 ppm or changes at .25 ppm. Your choice.

If you ever get into plants weekly water changes are usually done to replenish minerals in the water. Same with fish, they will consume minerals from the water. Assuming you are using tap water or spring water.

The best practice is to test your water daily or every other day and changing water when needed. I like to change out water periodically during cycling even when I cycle without fish because I've had issues with detritus worms from letting my tank go to long without cleaning or water changes. This occurred when using fish food and raw shrimp as an ammonia source for my cycle.

Unfortunately all fish died, now I’m going to start from scratch but still have a question. Should I change my filter, or can I use the same filter?

Back
Top Bottom