Glofish still sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readysetcali

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay. So my glofish are still sick they aren't eating and they aren't moving much. Parameters are fine Am) 0 Ni)0 Na)10. Temp is 79. I thought it was internal parasites so I treated for those and still no changes. I always use dechlorinator and I always make sure there's no lotions soaps etc on my hands during pwcs. I tried the garlic method to try and increase their appetite but nothing. I've tried brine shrimp and flakes. Still no results. When I added them to the tank I acclimated them using the drip method. I just don't get it. What could be wrong?

Mumma.of.two said:
Is you pH normally 7 or do you add something to change it?
What other symptoms? Heavy breathing, spots, fuzz, red gills, odd markings, flashing, etc?

I never add anything to change ph it just stays at 7. The regular zebra danio stays rested against the rocks at the bottom and the gills are red only on that one thou. The yellow and red glofish swim around a little but mostly stay in one place and twitch. When the regular zebra danio swims he twitches a whole lot but he mostly stays at the bottom resting on the rocks. Not floating above it like the others but actually laying on the rocks like a betta would do. And the yellow one is noticeably thinner

Hm, this is a tough one. :)

Have they been like this since you got them or has it started recently? If they've always been like this they were probably sick when you got them. If not, when it did start, did you do anything differently? Fed different food or could possibly a contaminant have gotten into the tank (disinfectants, air fresheners, Windex, etc)?

The temp may be a tad high for them too, maybe try lowering it to 77, although I doubt that alone is the cause.

You could also try a larger water change (70%) and double-dose conditioner just in case something made its way into the tank.

librarygirl said:
Hm, this is a tough one. :)

Have they been like this since you got them or has it started recently? If they've always been like this they were probably sick when you got them. If not, when it did start, did you do anything differently? Fed different food or could possibly a contaminant have gotten into the tank (disinfectants, air fresheners, Windex, etc)?

The temp may be a tad high for them too, maybe try lowering it to 77, although I doubt that alone is the cause.

You could also try a larger water change (70%) and double-dose conditioner just in case something made its way into the tank.

They were fine when I got them it just started recently when my heater broke and my temp got low. They were fine when I got the temp back to normal but then they started acting funny again. I did a large water change already and I did a normal dose of conditioner because I use bottled spring water so it should be fine anyways. I will lower the temp to see if that helps. And there is no way anything could have gotten in. The only other person in my house is my 4 year old and my tank is on a stand so too high for him to even reach and he knows putting his hands in could hurt the fishes (he has his own betta he takes care of) and I make sure nothing is on my hands before I do a water change.

Back
Top Bottom