Gold ram about to die??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whatsgoodm8

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone I need your help!
My female Gold ram is usually a pretty light gold, almost white coloured fish who's very active and hangs out near the bottom of the aquarium like most rams. Today morning I woke up to find her in the top left corner of the tank behind the filter, breathing a little more rapidly and her colours are more vibrant. It's the afternoon now and she hasn't moved from her position much. The only other tank mates are 3 amano shrimp at the moment and they seem as happy as ever. The only possible cause is this new piece driftwood I added yesterday but it's from the same store I always buy from and I boiled it twice before putting it in the tank. Can't be the driftwood can it? It does have a small white part on it which is a little suspicious. I do have some API Pimafix so I could treat her outside the tank but no way I'm putting that oily stuff in my tank. Please help me because I feel like I need to do something right now or she'll be gone :(
Thanks in advance.IMAG0388.jpgIMAG0389.jpg

Water parameters? Tank size and age..
Ps- I really shouldn't even post this thread, essentially I'm giving into a temper tantrum:/ I'll do it for the fish...

Hi there,

This sticky (within unhealthy fish forum) on posting information for unhealthy fish should always be filled out. It doesn't mean you will get an answer but everything helps.

Standard information posted should be water test results, age of tank, if anything has changed (even a simple water change a day ago) and what you are seeing now.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/before-posting-about-unhealthy-fish-read-this-32451.html

At a wild guess since I gather the fish has passed - I would remove the driftwood and do a water change. Ask if the store had sprayed the wood. Run carbon in the tank just in case.

In general, doing a temp-matched partial water change can help for unhealthy fish. The exception of course is if the water company has done something to your tap water.

Back
Top Bottom