Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

golden algae eater turning black !!!??

my sisters golden algae eater if turning black this happened after waking up to find her 2 convicts dead what's going on is he black from stress could a temp change do this

Old 03-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

also sorry no water parameters the tanks a ten gallon the power went out for about an hour and i know its to small for two convicts but my sister won't listen to me

Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

please help i know nothing about freshwater and my lil sister was very sad
Old 03-24-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

The Power was out for an Hour? and the Temp dropped that quick or am I missing something?

I don't think an Hour of the Filter and Heater being off should do that if the tank is indoors at room temp. I had to keep my Convicts in a bucket for two hours once with just a Air tube and they were ok. Something else is going on there. Can you check the Water levels? Ph/Am/Nitrites/Nitrates?
60 gallon(Parrots and Convicts) 55 gallon African Cichlids 5 gallon Betta tank 35 Gallon Hex (Bolivian Rams, Oto cats, Bloodfin Tetra and a shoal of Tiger Barbs) 75 Gallon Oscar Condo. 30 gallon GBRs & Danios
Pton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pton46
The Power was out for an Hour? and the Temp dropped that quick or am I missing something?

I don't think an Hour of the Filter and Heater being off should do that if the tank is indoors at room temp. I had to keep my Convicts in a bucket for two hours once with just a Air tube and they were ok. Something else is going on there. Can you check the Water levels? Ph/Am/Nitrites/Nitrates?
i can once i get to her place in a few days and the temp went up because of the nice weather she doesn't have a heater as the tank stayed at 78 all winter but we just got a bunch if days, with 25 degree weather outside

Tags
algae, algae eater, eat, eater, golden

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com