Golden dojo loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

insanegirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
I see these loaches to be a little swollen. Is this normal!!! Help pleaseIMG_2905.jpgIMG_2909.jpgIMG_2911.jpgIMG_2917.jpg
a6c3ddc22548c5ab7d3f0d5dba6880df.jpg
IMG_2909.jpg

They seem to be active, eating and playing. One of them every so often run to the top. Float for about 3 seconds n run back down.

I had two clown loaches and a blood parrot die this weekend so I don’t want anything else to happen ammonia is 10 or less. Nitrite 0 and nitrate 20. Ph high is 7.2

You could cut the feeding back to once a day and fast them one day every week.

That seems high for ammonia. You shouldn't have any and if you do, do water changes until it's 0

I am saying 10 for ammonia cause I am using api testing which sometimes is a negative position. But question if u have no nitrite u can still have ammonia? I thought they went hand In hand and if nitrite was 0 ammonia was good? Also the fish r less bloated. But they still like to float a lot randomly is this normal for this? They r new to my tank.

Are you using API Freshwater Master Test Kit? It's very clear on this kit what the ammonia reads out at if any.

You can still have ammonia and 0 nitrite.

What is your water change schedule like..... amount and frequency?

Back
Top Bottom