Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Golden Mbuna acting VERY strange

A few weeks ago I purchased a trio of Golden Mbuna. Two female and One male. They are currently being kept in a 20 gallon due to their juvenile size (1 inch females and 1.5 inch male). At first they all ate and were fine. I have no aggression problems due to my elaborate rock setup. It's been a week now since I noticed that the females are always in hiding and the male is the only one that actually eats during feeding time. Yesterday and this morning I noticed one of my females breathing heavily with an unusually wide mouth (Not sure if that's due to the heavy breathing). She also has been either hanging at the very top of the tank in a slightly upward position or hanging at the bottom of the tank on the sandy substrate. Neither of the females have eaten in days and I'm worried and not sure what the problem could be. I know this is not normal behavior and I'm not sure what the problem could be. All parameters have been measured today and nothing is abnormal. PH is about 8.2 and water temp about 82 (+/-1) degrees. The male is doing fine and so is the juvenile BN pleco. Not sure what the problem is, but I would HATE to lose any of my fish...Thanks in advance.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Diet includes:
Mini pellets (Two varieties)
Tropical flakes
Baby shrimp (sun dried gammarus)
Frozen Brine Shrimp
Frozen krill
Frozen blood worms (Only fed twice as I'm aware of the issues involved with feeding blood worms on a regular basis)
All meals are portioned appropriately

Old 03-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Nobody knows anything about my situation??

Tags
golden, mbuna, strange

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com