Golden wonder killifish sitting at top of the tank not moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cb172635

Aquarium Advice Regular
i need some advice here my water parameters are basically perfect and all my other fish are happy... is this normal behavior for the fish if not what is he doing?

Killies tend to stay near the surface. It's not gasping for air right? Just chilling at the top

to get any useful help here you will need to post a few things. temp, ph,nitrate, nitrite and ammonia. what size tank, how many fish, how long the tanks been setup. Was it properly cycled? if all those questions are answered then other members can start to help you. a picture of the fish, if possible, would probably help. also a close examination of the fish by you looking for any injury or suspicious marks such as white or red marks. any info you can provide will make it easier to tell what's wrong. a fish sitting at the top of the tank and not moving is not a good sign .

sorry just saw the other posts. weren't there when i started to answer.

My female killi is usually at top like that, make is opposite, on bottom in caves, being a cave dwelling troll..

Back
Top Bottom