goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

natasha cape town

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, new to this site so hope I am doing this correctly! I recently purchased several fan tail goldfish. After a week, I notice one of them is is acting lethargic, remains at the surface and seems to be pushed around by the movement of the water rather then swim. He is eating and shows no outward signs of disease. I have medica general tonic - shall I use this? Any ideas of what is wrong with the fish? Thanks,

What size is your tank, and how does your water chemistry test? Several fantails would need a very large tank.

sick goldfish

Hi, my tank is 108 litres or so. I now have 7 going on 6 fan tails!

Came home today and found the sick one lying on the bottom of the tank and although still alive, I decided to put him out of his misery! Again, could see nothing on the fish in so far as a disease. Another going the same way - this time a back moor.

They are all young fish - I have had these when they are around 10cm in length. Mine are currently only about 6cm so not big at all.

Not sure on water quality as don't have anything to test with, but did put the anti chlorine stuff in and ran tank for about 3 days before adding the fish.

Back
Top Bottom