Goldfish colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jguid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ello I have a goldfish and I'm not sure what's going on with him this change is over like 5days

Orange =before

Pls let me know if u have any ideas

Attachments

• image-4113314808.jpg
    image-4113314808.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 68
  • image-833290482.jpg
    image-833290482.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 60
Goldfish can change colors but not that fast. My first guess would be ammonia/nitrite burns.
What size tank?
What are the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate an pH of the tank?
Any tank mates?
How long has it been set up and how was it cycled?

Mumma.of.two said:
Goldfish can change colors but not that fast. My first guess would be ammonia/nitrite burns.
What size tank?
What are the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate an pH of the tank?
Any tank mates?
How long has it been set up and how was it cycled?

The tank just cycled today so that could be it

What are your exact readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph? What are you using to test (liquid or strips)? I agree with Mumma- these are classic ammonia burns. We need some more info in order to be able to help!

I have never tested the water
What is best to use?

The API master test kit. Is this a new tank? How big is it? Are their other fish? Change 50% of water asap with temperature matched, properly conditioned water. Continue to do this daily until you can test your water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph. A cycled tank has zero ammonia & nitrites. Your tank has very high levels of ammonia right now & this needs to be addressed with water changes.

My tank cycled yesterday or atleast I think so the water turned from cloudy to clear

I have a 15gal tank there is that goldfish another goldfish and a plecos

So I will buy a test kit tomorrow and let y'all know what's going on and we can go from there

My ph was around 8.4 so I changed about 50% of the water and now it's about a 7.2

What about the nitrite, ammonia, nitrate levels? You need to know these when cycling and they are very harmful to your fish.
You might be off the charts in your 15 gallon with those fish and turtle and you MAY Not be able to keep these levels under control.

Andrew McFadden said:
What about the nitrite, ammonia, nitrate levels? You need to know these when cycling and they are very harmful to your fish.
You might be off the charts in your 15 gallon with those fish and turtle and you MAY Not be able to keep these levels under control.

The turtle is in another tank

Jguid said:
The turtle is in another tank

You need to know these levels in both tanks. I know the turtle is in another but you still need bigger tanks for both. You should be ok with these for a little bit but you'll stunt those fish if you don't get them out of there.

Back
Top Bottom