Goldfish has ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ciaralynn0128

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just realized my goldfish's tail has white spots all over it. This is not tge first time I have had to fight ich on a goldfish before my black telescope died and my other calico goldfish died they were together, they both had ich. Last time I used a salt treatment with heated water and extra aeration to try and treat it (noniodized sea salt). I don't want my goldfish to die from this again he seems to be pretty active still but he has ich for sure. Please help!!! Any is welcomed!!!1486585240885.jpg

Have you checked your water levels, it seems odd they keep getting ich, it usually only happens when they're stressed out or something has weakend their immune system

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Try to remove the filter and put it in a bucket of water (declorinated) and add an airstone to the tank. Use "rid ick" or "quick cure" which contains malachite green. You can find it for 4 dollars at walmart. It should be a quick one shot kills 2 days worth, then change half the water and replace the filter.

Find an ich medication. What are your parameters

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom