Goldfish laying on bottom of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ciaralynn0128

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My fancy goldfish I just got the other day is lethargic and lays around at the bottom. One minute he looks dead the next he will ve very active. What coukd it ve his tail looks like it is shredded as well which could be fin rot. Could this kill him? If not could I use melafix to rid it? And should I treat all my goldfish?

I have a 10 gallon aquarium with a pleco 2 extra small gold fish and a small goldfish i have one ornament no rocks a bubble wand i dont know the parameters I set it up the night before last. I put water conditioner in as well a dew minutes before putting them in its a starter water conditioner for when you first start your aquarium. He acts fone some moments and not so much others like now he is hanging around at the bottom like he's dead but when the other goldfish nudge him to play he will play for a while. Idk what is going on.

I'm really sorry. This isn't going to get better in your current setup.

To start, do a water change. Use conditioned tap water the same temperature as the water in the tank. Doing 50% changes daily is your best bet right now.

Back
Top Bottom