Goldfish tail fin curled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That probably is a stress reaction. Clean water and some dark will help. Take another picture in the morning, okay?

Yah this is a great Idea, if it stays though I don't think it would affect him, unless it is a parasite or fungus.

Yah this is a great Idea, if it stays though I don't think it would affect him, unless it is a parasite or fungus.

He has some slight red blotchiness from the store water but I couldn't talk my fiancee out of him. I'm hoping that I can heal him back to good health, but my water says otherwise.. *sigh*
Hopefully I can get ammonia down before its too late.

Ammonia reading 0.25 again today, so I did another wc and dosed with Prime.

Tail curl update:
It doesn't look like it's changed much since last night, but I don't see anymore redness on his body so I may be doing something right!

Sorry some of the photos are blurry, I only have an old Iphone camera.

IMG_8315.jpg
IMG_8283.jpg
IMG_8240.jpg

The prime won't remove the ammonia it will only detoxify it therefore it will still show up on your api test readings. Keep doing your water changes, dosing with prime, and get that stability going as soon as yiu can to kickstart your cycling process. You're doing good and those fish will thank you for the rest of their little lives :)

The tail will probably stay that way, I've seen fancies whose taile get shredded or get fin rot and then heal, but their fins never grow back right due to scar tissue and what not :/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The tail will probably stay that way, I've seen fancies whose taile get shredded or get fin rot and then heal, but their fins never grow back right due to scar tissue and what not :/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It doesn't look like it affects his swimming too much from what I see. I'm hoping if it stays like that, that it wont be a problem later on

Here's a short video of him
https://instagram.com/p/BSrYNRnD_ZY/

Back
Top Bottom