Goldfish up in corner of tank helped needed asap please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yahooandgoogle

Aquarium Advice Freak
I look after a tank at my work. It has three goldfish in it. All levels in tank are good. I did a weekly water change today and noticed one of the smaller goldfish is up in the corner of tank. I thought it was swim bladder?
I fed them some blood worms this fish ate heaps and could swim to the bottom and up again. But then was back in the corner? I thought the tank was maybe too cold?
What could it be? I'm the only one who cares for these fish no one would change their water if I didn't do it. I was thinking of taking the fish home to look after. It's a small tank 45 litres or so I know way too small for these fish I've told them that and too get another tank or rehome the fish but they won't. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated bought some peas after work will try a pea tomorrow if he is still ok. Thanks heaps

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He was still alive today swimming up the top of tank. I tried to hand feed him some peas it ate a bit. What should I do?

Try and find a new home for the fish. Tank size is a problem and that's not going to change.

Caleb

Thanks I am going to take him home to my tank I think. Do I need to quarantine him for a couple of days?
I've only got a small black comet and and a wakin goldfish both get along well. This sick fish is a lot smaller than my two.

Thanks I am going to take him home to my tank I think. Do I need to quarantine him for a couple of days?
I've only got a small black comet and and a wakin goldfish both get along well. This sick fish is a lot smaller than my two.

Because of his condition and the tank he's coming from I would do a full quarantine process upwards of a month to ensure you are not going to infect your own tank.

Caleb

Thank you I will. So if he recovers is it likely to happen again? I still think also it's swim bladder and due to the lack of room and size of tank. It does look like its belly it slightly swollen

Thank you I will. So if he recovers is it likely to happen again? I still think also it's swim bladder and due to the lack of room and size of tank. It does look like its belly it slightly swollen

Blanched peas help with constipation and some swim bladder issues. Beyond that I'm not sure honestly. Given a proper home I doubt it will happen again if he makes a full recovery.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom