Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-02-2006, 07:35 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Puriti Send a message via MSN to Puriti Send a message via Yahoo to Puriti
Goldfish with a chunk squished in/missing

So I have two goldfish in a 10 gallon tank with a house with a water wheel ornament in it... My goldfish Blaze this morning is swimming around sluggishly so I go to check him out. On his left side it looks like he was stuck or something and tried really hard to get out and pulled off part of his skin or something... I put melafix in the tank for him but is there anything else I could do?

Old 08-02-2006, 09:11 AM   #2

some people might balk at this, but here is what i did when my molly got injured....

I took her out of the tank and put neosporin cream on her injury with a clean qtip. she healed up really fast.

Add a touch of aquarium salt to the tank. Keep an eye on your fish, make sure no white or black or grey fuzz develops on the injury.

You might want a bigger tank for your goldies =)

the melafix will help combat infection, but take any carbon out of your filter while you use it.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #3

Quote:
I took her out of the tank and put neosporin cream on her injury
I wouldn't recommend this.

What kind of goldfish are they?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:10 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Puriti Send a message via MSN to Puriti Send a message via Yahoo to Puriti
Well...it was dead when I got home so. I guess it doesn't matter now @___@
Old 08-02-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You really need a bigger tank.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:09 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I know

Tags
goldfish, missing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com