Goldfish with multiple diseases?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

venymae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had this goldfish for less than a month. Tank is 55 gallons, fully cycled with fluval 406 canister filter and an aquaclear 30 for water aeration.
Tank parameters are .25/0/10-20 Ammonia has never read less than .25, ever.
Maintenance is weekly 50% WC with several miniscule water changes during the week just to suck up poo so it doesn't look bad.
I have done 2 salt dips in the last week on this fish, at 1 tsp salt/liter water for 5 min each. Things have gotten worse. I feel like he has several different symptoms going on.
  1. white "pimple" like spots under the skin, they sometimes ooze white stuff (blue)
  2. Salt like spots *on* the skin, looks like ich (purple)
  3. A small red thread hanging off his side (red)
  4. A white dot on his tail fin that is not uniform in shape, but NOT fuzzy (yellow)
  5. poo that is occasionally clear and gel like (see photo)

Today was the first day he refused to eat. I removed him from his tank and put in into a quarantine bin for easier treatment. This I added salt to at a level of 1 tsp per 6 gallons. He normally eats a gel food with a high quality flake that I sink as a treat. He has unlimited access to duckweed.

Can anyone help me diagnose what is wrong with him? I have access to a microscope in need be. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 1.58.56 PM - Edited.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 1.58.56 PM - Edited.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0513.jpg
    DSC_0513.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Azolla_caroliniana_15-09-2012_02__14621.1461060555 (1).jpg
    Azolla_caroliniana_15-09-2012_02__14621.1461060555 (1).jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 38
  • azolla-helecho-mosquito-helecho-de-pato-helecho-de-agua_6918.jpg
    azolla-helecho-mosquito-helecho-de-pato-helecho-de-agua_6918.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 35
What about Ich. Do the little spots move around at all? Fish lice? Nothing looking like an Anchor worm?

And internal parasites - poo looks poorly

The one on the tail looks a lot like a frequently seen growth. Looking at pics is hard to tell, it isn't close enough for me to see well enough.

Poor fish :(. I can not see the red part.

What about Ich. Do the little spots move around at all? Fish lice? Nothing looking like an Anchor worm?

The one on the tail looks a lot like a frequently seen growth. Looking at pics is hard to tell, it isn't close enough for me to see well enough.

No. They do not move. I have prazipro on order but I do not know if it will take care of internal parasites. Nothing looks like an anchor worm, this is a 2 inch (about) goldie. So, very small. Is there anything you recommend?

Ok I'm really hoping you can help me. He is turning red now. Red speckles all over his tummy, wen and you can see the red under his scales! He is not swimming at all. He has pinholes in his tail and the discoloration on his tail has spread. Lots of white spots, but it's just the color disappearing from his tail (not lice). I don't know what to do! I treated with API general cure earlier today, thinking it was parasites. But not I don't think so. I am so at a loss! He looks like he's hemorrhaging inside. I think he's dying.

Hi. I am so sorry it's that much worse.

This is up on the bad things I just do not know how exactly or where to start. Clean water is #1 but this is beyond that. If it is Ich too you need to get rid of that in the tank. This seems to have multiple serious parts. If you heated the water for Ich, it would interfere with the general cure I think. It seems to have the parasite issue.

Although i do not know which to recommend it would need to be one which is absorbed if it's not eating. Wish this was easier and I could help more.

Back
Top Bottom