Goldfish Won't Move?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I don't use medications for the treatment of ich, just heat and salt for 10-14 days does the trick. With this method you'll also be doing water changes which is also a good thing. Let us know if you have any other questions!

How do you raise the temperture in a freshwater aquarium?

You'll either need to purchase a adjustable heater or buy some over the counter ich medication and treat, this parasite will kill its host if left untreated.

Ok which brand of medication should I buy that you know is the most effective against ich or what heater do you have? Trying to get an idea before its too late because right now it's raining over here really hard and its late so I'll buy something tommorrow

I don't normally use medications like I mentioned but Rid Ich Plus by Kordons is what some of my friends have used in the past with good success.

Thanks I brought the Kordons rid ich plus. And I might buy the jagers heater sometime.is it recommended to buy a heater for your aquarium?

Yes for goldfish they should be at lower temps between 68-72F but you also have tropicals which do better a temps of 78-80F. This is why stocking a aquarium should be researched prior to tossing in a bunch of fish.

Yes for goldfish they should be at lower temps between 68-72F but you also have tropicals which do better a temps of 78-80F. This is why stocking a aquarium should be researched prior to tossing in a bunch of fish.

Then 75 should be good

Then 75 should be good

Your fish have different environmental, dietary and maintenance needs. You honestly should start by addressing your stocking situation with either additional tanks or returning/rehoming most of the fish. Your going to continue to have issues until the situation can be addressed, unfortunately. If you have questions in respect to the care of specific fish, please don't hesitate to ask!

Your fish have different environmental, dietary and maintenance needs. You honestly should start by addressing your stocking situation with either additional tanks or returning/rehoming most of the fish. Your going to continue to have issues until the situation can be addressed, unfortunately. If you have questions in respect to the care of specific fish, please don't hesitate to ask!

Ok thanks I really apperciate the help :)

So I just put some rid ick plus for my fish. When they began to react the reactions looked like they were dying.i know that the rid ick plus is an extremely strong ich killer but how does this work in killing ich? And can snails get ich?

So I just put some rid ick plus for my fish. When they began to react the reactions looked like they were dying.i know that the rid ick plus is an extremely strong ich killer but how does this work in killing ich? And can snails get ich?

Now my catfish died. :( I hope all the other fish make it. My goldfish doesn't seem to be to well based on physical appearance. I wondering if the Medician is doing its job.

The extreme environment those fish are in has weakened them and made the susceptible to a variety of ailments. Get a heater and heed the advice on your stocking. Make sure if you attempt to rehome those fish that you advice the recipient of the ick outbreak. AND. Do not add anymore fish till everything is in balance. This wonderful hobby requires patience. Don't give up.

The extreme environment those fish are in has weakened them and made the susceptible to a variety of ailments. Get a heater and heed the advice on your stocking. Make sure if you attempt to rehome those fish that you advice the recipient of the ick outbreak. AND. Do not add anymore fish till everything is in balance. This wonderful hobby requires patience. Don't give up.

Yes I'm NOT going to add more fish and I'm trying my best to treat the ick and I'm going to buy a heater in the very near future. The thing with raising temperture is that it takes a week to kill the ick that way. I'm using the medicine I mentioned before but the water has become cloudy again. I'm not sure what to do anymore. I need help. ;(

What color is the cloudiness, whitish or bluish? Just keep following the directions on the medication, ich will often get worse before it gets better. I would also recommend dosing aquarium salt during the treatment as well, normally 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons but wit the Goldie's I'm not sure if that is to high. I will PM the goldfish whisperer and find out!

Back
Top Bottom