Goldfishes has dropsy... Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OREO

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can someone tell me what's the cause of dropsy n what's the cure for it?
And why is it that when my goldfishes first come they are bright red after awhile they become dull orange?
As for dropsy,
My 2" tank has about 8 goldfishes and 1 by one seems to get infected by it. 1 by 1 is dying. Fishes appetite seems to drop as well.
Really heart pain to see my goldfishes die 1 by 1.
Was thinkin are goldfishes so hard a fish to rear?
Right now,
I dunno if it's the water or some parasites in the tank. How to remove this irritating parasites?
If that's the case, what fishes should I do? Moreover being located in Singapore, the medications are not easily available. There are some brands here but to me I think they're juz fake. Useless.
The last time I cured a problem on water was to put a very sturdy fish in the tank for about 2 months b4 putting goldfishes back in. After that the fishes grew very healthy until some idiots pulled the pluck of the filter over the weekend.

BTW, I m pretty disappointed in myself keeping goldfishes though I really love them ALOT. Can someone advise me to how to cure this problem w some medication that can be easily available in Singapore n what are the steps? If not, I'll juz let them live happily till they go in which I expect it to be < 2 weeks n all will be gone. After that, I would like to keep a more sturdy fish. Can someone oso recommend what fishes I should be keeping?

I've tried locating EPSOM salt in Singapore but I juz can't find it.

Anyone in Singapore can help?

:(

Dropsy is a fungal/bacterial infection (depending on who you ask) that causes internal organ failure of the fish. This in turn causes the organs to shut down, and the body fill up with fluid.

try and get ahold of some fungus medicine if you can. Also, be sure it is dropsy, and not just constipation. Are the scales sticking out all over the body? Or is the fish just "fat"?

Epsom salts and cooked peas (with the skin peeled off) will help constipation. Definitley get ahold of some fungus meds, and that should clear up your problem, if your fish isn't too far along already.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom