Gourami help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry for your loss, Bruce. :( When my new DG was dying I felt helpless. I couldn't bring myself to end his life though. I guess a part of me was hoping that he would bounce back, (although I knew that there was no chance of that happening).

I hope your little guy went peacefully.

Sorry for your loss, Bruce. :( When my new DG was dying I felt helpless. I couldn't bring myself to end his life though. I guess a part of me was hoping that he would bounce back, (although I knew that there was no chance of that happening).

I hope your little guy went peacefully.

i felt the same way. He did go fast with the clove oil. sad to see. Just glad he was able to go without pain.

(sorry, i didn't think of this when I was making my user name but my name is actually Aaron. Bruce was the name of my DG who was the center piece of my tank so some of my friends knew Bruce. I just decided to make my username after him because I joined while he was in his decline in health.)

Thanks for all the support guys. It'll be alright. Glad I was able to give him a good home! He sure made my home good!

i felt the same way. He did go fast with the clove oil. sad to see. Just glad he was able to go without pain.

(sorry, i didn't think of this when I was making my user name but my name is actually Aaron. Bruce was the name of my DG who was the center piece of my tank so some of my friends knew Bruce. I just decided to make my username after him because I joined while he was in his decline in health.)

Thanks for all the support guys. It'll be alright. Glad I was able to give him a good home! He sure made my home good!

I think that's awesome that it's his name! That just shows how much you cared for the little guy. :D

Oh and I was merely being cordial by mentioning your username in my post. Force of habit, I guess. Don't be surprised if I do it again in the future as I have one heck of a time switching from work mode to play mode. lol

McLumpy said:
I think that's awesome that it's his name! That just shows how much you cared for the little guy. :D

Oh and I was merely being cordial by mentioning your username in my post. Force of habit, I guess. Don't be surprised if I do it again in the future as I have one heck of a time switching from work mode to play mode. lol

Yeah haha I really care about all animals. Just always get attached probably because I was an only child growing up with a Siberian husky and fish! Haha my first fish was a brownish goldfish and I named him chocolate and then later got him a buddy named goldie. Haha only really remember those two from way back when.

Sounds good and no worries I know what you mean by using the username haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice App

Yeah haha I really care about all animals. Just always get attached probably because I was an only child growing up with a Siberian husky and fish! Haha my first fish was a brownish goldfish and I named him chocolate and then later got him a buddy named goldie. Haha only really remember those two from way back when.

Sounds good and no worries I know what you mean by using the username haha.

Is it wrong that whle I was reading your post, my inner dialogue voice switched over to Mickey Mouse? "HaHa!"

Teasing. :p

McLumpy said:
Is it wrong that whle I was reading your post, my inner dialogue voice switched over to Mickey Mouse? "HaHa!"

Teasing. :p

Yeah yeah "haha" I like to use that instead of lol for some reason. Wait for it... Haha. :p

Yeah yeah "haha" I like to use that instead of lol for some reason. Wait for it... Haha. :p

Just so you know, I'm blaming you if I have a dream about Mickey Mouse! lol

Speaking of which, the Nyquil just kicked in, (stupid cold!!), so I'm heading to bed. Take care!

Oh, gosh. Now I'm reading it like that!! I hate insomnia, but it would help if I PUT THE IPOD DOWN!! Lol.

Damon Salvatore is awesome. Enough said.

Sorry to hear about your dg. I wanted to say that I am glad I stumbled across this thread. I have been watching my dg helplessly for about two weeks after I noticed less activity and no eating. The sores never developed, but the swollen belly did big time. Peas didn't help, and I found her dead last night. I thought it was my inexperience, but after reading the info in this thread I am pretty sure it was the virus. She is with guppies and not other dg's so I hope she is the only one that suffered! Thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention!

Engel said:
Sorry to hear about your dg. I wanted to say that I am glad I stumbled across this thread. I have been watching my dg helplessly for about two weeks after I noticed less activity and no eating. The sores never developed, but the swollen belly did big time. Peas didn't help, and I found her dead last night. I thought it was my inexperience, but after reading the info in this thread I am pretty sure it was the virus. She is with guppies and not other dg's so I hope she is the only one that suffered! Thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention!

I'm so sorry to hear. Yeah, mine was the only DG in the tank and non of my other fish got sick at all. So you should be good, although I'd still be very watchful for a while.

As cool as DG are, I'm not going to have one for a while. This summer I'm going to try a pearl gourami for my new 29g. I've heard good things about them and three spot gouramis.

Again, sorry for the loss.

Back
Top Bottom