Gourami, Hole in the Head??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjldad

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just noticed last night what looks to be a lighter area on the head of one of my Gourami.. I mean, it looks like it would be smack dead in the center of his forehead... He shows no other signs of stress.. Water params are fine, 0,0,5.. ph of 7.2..... Been running a UV on it with reduced flow to take care of anything that comes through it.. Maybe he knocked himself on something.. Anything I should be looking for?
Thanks!!

Finally got a pic.. Man it is HARD to take a photo of a fish..
It looks like it has gotten better, but I have been away from the house for a couple days too..

IMG_2328.JPG

Does it look kind of smooth? When my gouramis decided to get themselves stuck somewhere, their scales rubbed off, it would be pink, and then as it healed, it turned white. My gouramis are quite curious and get themselves into strange spots. If I were you, I would watch it for a few days, make sure it doesn't spread or become fungusy (new word lol). My gouramis took around 4 days to heal and look "normal" again. :)
BTW, your tank looks sweet!!! :D

It does look more like the shape of the scale that is there.. It's hard to tell if it is smooth as the color and water and everything make my eyes go crossed when I look at it.. But it does look like it is healing.. It appears to be about half the size it was a couple days ago.. And as you can tell, I have a bunch of wood in there for him to rub his head on when he's searching for food.....

Thanks for the tank comment! :)

Looks like it might possibly be a wound...I would just do some extra water changes and cut back on your feeding a wee bit to keep the water pristine. If you have already seen improvement then this will likely be all you need to do to get things back to normal.

It is all but a little bit healed up.. I have to really look for it to see anything at this point.. Happy he wasn't getting a hole.. :)

Back
Top Bottom