Gourami needs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoreyMac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently rescued a gourami in a 10G. No idea how this fish is still alive. The guy (or gal) has almost no color, does have one red spot on the outside of each gill, and is thin. I have him in clean water now. He's eating well. Seems to be getting a little better. I have treated for parasites and that helped even more I think. Now... how can I get this fish's colors to return? Any ideas? Thanks!

I would keep treating w/ the parasite med. With the continued eating and the fish still being thin, it could be a sign of internal parasites.

How is water quality? Everything test okay?

Good water quality is the best thing you can do to keep a fish healthy, even if it means doing daily to every other day water changes for a while.

HTH. Welcome to AA

The water is fine. Don't have params right now. As for the gourami, I don't know what kind he is. I see hints of red and blue, but not in the places where I would expect to see red and blue, so we'll see.

Sounds like he could be a dwarf species of gourami. Gourami's color not only change when they are sick but also when they are stressed as well. The combination of the two could be why it's so hard to tell his true coloring.

Do you have a picture?

Back
Top Bottom