Gourami Problem. Help please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishCrazyBenBOMB

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey AA Members,

Since school has started I haven't been able to take care of my aquariums as much as I use to. On the weekends i'm normally with friends or doing school work. I was finally found sometime to work on my aquariums and I noticed something odd about my Gold Gourami. He has always been pretty fat, mostly because he normally swims at the top of the aquarium and gets a lot of food doing feeding time. I was looking at him and he has lately been sitting or swimming around the bottom of the tank which is unusual for my gourami, I also noticed he looks a lot fatter then normal, very bloated it seems like. Does anyone have any tips for me? I'm going to do a large water change and clean the tank up. I haven't got time to do research for myself so hopefully you guys can help.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Ben

Are the scales sticking out, kind of like a pine cone? If so, that sounds like dropsy. If not, he could be constipated, especially if the temperature has dipped lately. If you think he's constipated, I've heard of people putting a frozen pea into the tank for him to eat...

Back
Top Bottom