Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-07-2018, 12:26 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Gourami with weird holes

Just found some small holes in his fin and he has another small hole in his actual body. He is in a tank with just guppies, shrimp, and snails, so I donít think anything is attacking him. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1687.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	308818Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1680.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	308819

I did just lose a couple of guppies out of that tank last week, but I thought it was just stress? They didnít have any holes, just lost a bit of color then went belly up.
All my water testing says Iím within tolerences (0, 0, 5ppm). My ph has gone up (from 7.4 to 8 from the tap) but I have a piece of driftwood in there to help level it out....

Old 05-07-2018, 03:31 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Following this to see if anyone has ideas, my dwarf gourami got tiny holes like the ones on your fish's fin a couple of days ago and the next day he was gasping at the surface. Wish I knew what to do.

Tags
gourami, hole, holes, ram, weir, weird

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com