Green cory catfish acting very strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

My green cory catfish (Who I have had for about a week) is acting really weird. He is just swimming around the tank vertically (Nose down, tail up). His right fin seems to be in tact, but it is not moving. A fish I just added to the tank had ich, so I returned him to the store, but my fish were exposed (no quarantine tank :( ). I added Ich medication (Super Ick Cure - by API) two days ago and then today (only 1/2 dose) per the instructions. Could the medication have caused illness? If not, anyone have any information on what the green cory is doing and why he is behaving so badly?

Thanks!!

More info. I only have an ammonia test kit, so ammonia is between a 1 and 2 - this is kind of a new tank. My previous one cracked, so I had to set up an emergency tank fast! Plants are old, but everything else is new.

The other fish I own are 2 other corys, 2 murray river rainbows, 3 african dwarf frogs, 4 ghost shrimp and one silver loach. I have a 20 gallon.

When I added the cory, I acclimated for about 20 to 30 minutes, then slowly added water to his bag from the pet shop until finally adding him to the tank without adding the water.

Back
Top Bottom