Green Severn Has Odd Eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like some sort of cataract, usually called cloudy eye. Its generally not a disease in and of itself, but a sign of other problems. I noticed you have another severum with issues. Are they in the same tank? What are the water parameters (ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels)? First place to check when there is a problem.

I think that you should check you parameters as cloudy eye can sometimes be caused by poor water conditions ie.. ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. As Allivymar said check your readings and post back.

Terry

i dont have a QT Tank and i do not no what to!

i am almost certain my fish has dropsy.

would like some advice on how to treat it if thats passable.

my main concern is i have another 6 very large severns had them for years and had a few fry's from them. wouldnt like 2 loose them all now.

please help me bye telling me what to do.

We have started to tell you what to do trumpton_windy. Without knowing the ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels its really hard to suggest treatment. As Terry said, those levels, if high, can be the cause.

The one thing that is taking me to your water parameters is that it's quite uncommon for a Severum or cichlids to get dropsy.

Could you please post back with you parameters ammonia/nitrite/nitrate and also what diet you are giving them (Foods). And what your ph, and at what frequency you do your water changes.
We might as well know everything and we can work from there.

Back
Top Bottom