green spotted puffer fish sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, if it is a parasite, you would need something stronger. I'm not sure what would work in brackish water though, so you would need to do some research on your end.

Well, mine is still being weird. I put him in the brackish tank, which did nothing for him, so I added another tablespoon of salt this morning. He almost immediately turned white and started nipping at the surface, though still ignoring the krill I tried to feed him, then shortly after turned black again.

Like I said, he was black bellied when I got him. He has now been in three tank environments; the pet store (don't know what they used), my freshwater tank, and my brackish tank. None seem to make any difference, so I think odds are that he has some kind of illness or parasite. He did seem to bloat up a bit yesterday even though he was in the brackish tank alone, not eating anything. I am leaving for a 4 day vacation later today. Anything I should get and put in the tank he is in now (back in freshwater) that may cure him while im gone?

Well, now hes happy as can be, killing snails. I guess that's over with.

Back
Top Bottom