Green terror HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have Craigslist? That's a great place to sell fish. You could keep one or two of the fish good for your tank, then sell the rest. You can make yourself a beautiful, thriving tank!

I dont have a Craigslist. And wudnt the fish die from like traveling . Yes but I put in the slate and they look like they are really happy and healthy

They can be shipped in a little bag in a little box for a couple days and be perfectly fine. You don't have CL? Where are you located? If not in the states then there are other sites similar to CL in most countries if they don't have CL which most do.

I dont have a Craigslist. And wudnt the fish die from like traveling . Yes but I put in the slate and they look like they are really happy and healthy

No, they won't die. They can survive 24-48 hours when properly shipped in a correct bag. Do you have, say, a Freecyle or anything like that?

Exteremecheddar123 said:
Yes I did pick up some new things about fish and like u said. And next time I'll only put 1 fish in the tank so he can hve all the space he needs to frolic around. .
I though we got this clear! You can't just put any fish into any tank even if it's the only fish. You need to make sure the aquarium will be big enough for the fish. This is why everyone said you couldn't put an arrowna in your 30g but you said we were wrong and that it would only grow to the size of the aquarium. But yet like you said you are new to this and many people in here aren't but yet we were wrong and it still sounds like you think that way. The same goes for all cichlids even angels in my eye need more then 30g. The only cichlid I would put in a 30 would be a pair of dwarfs.

Usually stores want bigger fish back seeing as they bring in a higher price and do you live in Canada? Use kijiji there are always ways to rehome your fish. There is even a hotline you can call
Fish rescue program
tel:18005637711

Then you need to at least get a bigger tank maybe for Christmas? I know it kind of late but you might get lucky. If you had a bigger tank you would be able to see how your fish are suppose to act. I'm sure that they look good and what not but they won't be able to show their true personalities in the 30g.

Today we went to the fish store to ask the guy there to see if he knew what was wrong with the chiclids. Our parameters are good but he said our temperature is too low. The temperature was 78 degrees. He says for these kinda fish it has to be like 82 degrees. I put the temperature all the way up. Let's see if this works. And we were looking at the tanks today and my dad said that we would get a bigger tank! But not now. He says that I have to learn and get experience first. He wants me to be old enough so I can maintain the tank by myself. So probably in 2 years when I'm 14. Could my jack Dempsey live that long if no sickness and everything is maintained? that would be awesome!!!

If you want to raise them temp in your tank, do it slowly, over the course of several hours. A degree or two per hour.

If you're only 12, then I think we can all agree that you have plenty of time to learn about fish and that you're probably making many of the mistakes that we've all made. I don't think we realized you were quite that young. The best idea is to read, read, read!

Sorry to beat a dead horse here but we have told you what is wrong with your fish and how to correct the problem. Asking your lfs is just asking for trouble since 90% of the time they are looking for a sale (hence the reason why you may have such an incompatible stock list). If you want your fish to get better the temp isn't the issue 78 is warm enough but higher wouldn't hurt. The problem like we keep saying is your having aggression issues which will leave the fish open for parasites and disease. Bigger tank=happy, healthy fish.

My mom signed up for me. She did the signing up for me. She put her birth year which will be way over 13. Lets see if the temperature is the problem. If the temp just goes up like quickly or not over a period of time, could it affect the fish? Yes, I'm younger than you thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom