Guppies dying.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obedey

Aquarium Advice Activist
Guppies dying.
Bought some orange guppies to add to my tank. They both died two days after.
Now 8 of my other guppies have died. They just slow down and then die. Fairly quickly within a day of them looking sluggish. The 4 have died each day.

Now 2 are sluggish and one of them has bloody scales. The younger fish have died 1st but now these 2 are a bit older but still pretty young. Adults seem ok.

Have I introduced something bad into my tank?

All my levels were fine but today nitrates have jumped up to 10ppm from under 5.
Could these be because of the dead fish sitting in there a few hours?

We need some more information to really have an idea of what may be wrong. How big is the tank, is it cycled, how long has it been running, what other fish are in there, how many fish were in the tank, what are all of your parameters, do you use a liquid test kit or strips?

We need some more information to really have an idea of what may be wrong. How big is the tank, is it cycled, how long has it been running, what other fish are in there, how many fish were in the tank, what are all of your parameters, do you use a liquid test kit or strips?
Hi thanks for reply.
I have an api test kit. will retest tomorrow before water change.
I'd have to measure the tank too.

I have too many guppies to count. It could be overstocked. I only started with 4 lol.

I intended to get a bass to feed guppies to but its taking longer than I had hoped. My lfs is being a pain. Also went to 3 shops looking for more horn wort for the fry.

if you had no problems before you introduced the new fish its a good bet that something came with the nuew fish, don.t know if you added the water in bag that came with fish, but you should never add the water thats in the bag, any organism that might be in water will spread very quickly

Back
Top Bottom