Guppies dying for no reason HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

murrayfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 10 gallon tank had 5 adult guppies and like 12 babies that are like a month and a half old and three ghost shrimp in it. Now for no reason 3 of the guppies are dead. The two that are left look sick but seem to be fine. The baby guppies and ghost shrimp are all thriving any clue as to what is wrong??? The tanks parameters are all within normal ranges

You may have the tank a little crowded, but I really don't think that is the problem. Was it the fry or the grown guppies that died? Sometimes the fry just don't make it.

it is the whisper filter that came with the tank when we bought it. The tank came with food a net the filter and gravel and plants.

it is the whisper filter that came with the tank when we bought it. The tank came with food a net the filter and gravel and plants.

You may want to take a water sample to a pet store and get them to check it. They may test with something other than strips and may find something that the strips don't.

What do you have in your tank as far as decorations and plants.

There is a small cave and two mini plants. we got a water sample done and they used strips at the pet store

Hi

If there is nothing wrong with water or anything else..
It could be age,or that there is more males than females.....the male guppie is a crazy little fish al they want to do is make little baby guppies :D. The males can stress the females and stress is not good for fish,sometimes there will be 3 males chasing a female in my tank... And I think that the female guppie is a bit more fragile because she gets babies like al the time ! And the males are crazy" lovers"

I like to buy guppies from a pet shop who breeds there own ....that way I know they didn't travel for miles to get there and all the other factors

Hope this helps

Hi

If there is nothing wrong with water or anything else..
It could be age,or that there is more males than females.....the male guppie is a crazy little fish al they want to do is make little baby guppies :D. The males can stress the females and stress is not good for fish,sometimes there will be 3 males chasing a female in my tank... And I think that the female guppie is a bit more fragile because she gets babies like al the time ! And the males are crazy" lovers"

I like to buy guppies from a pet shop who breeds there own ....that way I know they didn't travel for miles to get there and all the other factors

Hope this helps

That could be it. I didn't think of that.

Back
Top Bottom