Guppies dying with redness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vacuumlad

Aquarium Advice Freak
My guppies are dying. Water perimeters are good so it's some disease that I need help diagnosing. Thanks I attached pics of the sick guppies. They are in a tank with red cherry shrimp as well. They have red areas. The females have red gavid spots and makes have redness on their belly. I'm treating with salt and melafix ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468992028.867908.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468992088.266386.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468991903.741573.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1468992221.183564.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So sorry .. I can't help with your question. Interested to know the answer though. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Still no response? :( 4 out of 7 guppies died:( :(

Could it be related to any shrimp diseases? Do you have a second tank to isolate the remaining living ones so you can treat them? Sorry, if the water parameters are right, I'm struggling to help.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The shrimp were separate. The fish got sick before I moved the shrimp in with them

Is your tank heated? Sounds like you need a proper antibiotic such as maracyn-2, kanamycin, or oxytetracycline

All fish died no shrimp did tho. Can I add the shrimp safely to anouther tank?

add shirmp?

All fish died no shrimp did tho. Can I add the shrimp safely to anouther tank?
Yes, the bacteria is always present in declorinated water, the trick is to minimize stress so they dont become suspetible to it.

Yes, it should be safe to add them. The bacteria is always present in declorinated water, the trick is to minimize stress so they dont become suspetible to it.

Could be aermonas or fish TB with red lesions like that, provided their simply not getting eaten by other types of fish.

Back
Top Bottom